PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

April 12, 2011

Doing Big Things =)

     I applied for my very first nursing position today! Well, actually two! haha. I applied for a full time and a PRN position. It was so exciting, but nerve racking at the same time. My pinning is exactly 1 month from today!!! YAY =) I can't wait! So many big things are going on for me right now. Graduation, NCLEX, jobs, resumes, interviews, and all of the above! I can't believe the time is finally here. In just a few months, I will be starting my first nursing job!
     My test didn't go so well yesterday. I didn't make the grade that I thought I deserved, but I'm still proud of myself for where I am. Before that test yesterday, the lowest test grade I had made so far this semester was an 80. Which is awesome for nursing school by the way! ha. I studied for the test just as hard as I do the others, but I didn't make the grade. I know I tried my best and that's all that matters. I know that things will all work out. If I'm meant to be a nurse then it doesn't matter what I made a 1 test..everything will fall into place. I just have to have faith and believe. I still have an ok average, so I'm not freaking out, but it does stink because I lost my B average that I had worked so hard for. But, the best nurses out there in the field I promise you, didn't make the best grades. The best nurses are the ones that had to work the hardest for what they got.
     Like I said in my last blog, I'm currently trying to find ways to "structure" my blog.  I guess that's a good way to put it. I want to use my blog as a means to document my life. The good, the bad, and the ugly. haha. I want to use it as a creative outlet and as a way to relieve stress. I also like how other bloggers have days designated for certain topics....like wedding wednesdays or funny fridays, etc. I just can't think of any creative topics to discuss!
     Another thing that I'm having a problem with is getting followers. I have been blogging on and off since january and I think I have like 3 followers. haha. Two of them being family members. So I feel as though I'm writing all this and no one is reading it. If I didn't want to publish it, then I would get a diary. lol. I've tried posting my blog on facebook and twitter, but I just can't seem to get anyone interested. If you are reading this, do you have any suggestions?
     Tomorrow is my second to last day of precepting! Yippee =) I have learned so much! I guess I need to go get my uniform ready and get my bag packed so that will be one less thing I have to do tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far.

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, enjoy reading your blog, being the one follower who's not a family member....
    I do love your mama like a sister though, so I guess I love you like a niece...

    Keep up the blogging!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Jo! That makes me feel good to know that someone enjoys reading my blog! I was sooo excited to see that I had a comment when I signed on today! haha. -Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...